I am a creative creature born in a town in northern Portugal, near the lines that are drawn and blurred by the sea, I continued my studies at the University of Aveiro, finishing Design career, to later practice professionally in a design studio in Barcelona , Wassabi, for 7 years in which I reached the category of senior graphic designer.
Later I became the director of the graphic design department at a corporate architecture company, GAC 3000, where I still work.
Always close to the lines of the drawing and illustrating with passion each project that I undertake, I decided to refine my skills doing the General Illustration Course at Visions School, in Barcelona.
A great curiosity to know the unique and bizarre beings that inhabit the natural world, as well as a special interest in the possibilities of scientific communication, lead me to specialize in scientific illustration (with the courses of illustraciencia among others). I take advantage of my inexhaustible patience to observe and draw every detail, using objectivity as the fundamental basis of my work.
Today I work as a freelance Designer and Illustrator, always ready to get involved in projects or commissions that put my imagination and my hand to the test.
what I do–
- Illustrate Science 8. Illustraciencia – Academy of scientific illustration (2019)
- Illustrate Entomology. Illustraciencia – Academy of scientific illustration (2019)
- Illustrate Marine Fauna. Illustraciencia – Academy of scientific illustration (2019)
- Natural History Illustration 101. Edx – The University of Newcastle (2019)
- General Illustration course. VISIONS Center of Illustration and Calligraphy (2018)
- Digital Photography, Basic. Instituto Português de Fotografía do Porto (2009)
- DESIGN degree. Universidade de Aveiro (2004 – 2008)